Sunday, November 25, 2012

wishlist: christmas party dresses;

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

The annual Christmas party with work is on this coming Saturday and, alas, I have nothing to wear.  We decided we'd go with a more formal dress code than last year, and seeing as my preparation time has been drastically cut down to just two hours, my dress has to be a winner.  Recently, I've been loving all things baroque/brocade.  The intricate patterns and rich colours are so luxurious, making even cheaper pieces (holla, student budget) look expensive.  Skater skirts and dresses are an all-time favourite of mine, and I've recently discovered that the sheer/maxi combo doesn't make my legs look as stumpy as I'd once feared... Basically, I've a lot of decision making to do before Saturday.

What trends are you loving right now?  Thanks for reading!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful gorgeous dresses! Love your picks, Shona! :)
    BTW, followed your blog, sweetie!♥ it!
    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm in the same dilemna as you. I have a flapper style Christmas party to go to in 3 weeks time and still yet to find a 'flapperish' (ooo sounds rather rude! lol) dress. But am really loving dress number 2 from RI - do you think I could get away wearing that to a flapper party if I pair it with pearls and a feather head band? Hmm...

    Nice little blog. Feel free to visit mine :) Would love if you would subscribe? I'll do the same x

    http://suprajen888.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that dress would suit perfectly. It's certainly got that glamorous 20s vibe! I say go for it, I'd love to see how it turns out! x

      Delete
  3. I love all of these! It looks simple yet sophisticated! I hop eyou would check my blog as well! <3 Take care and keep on smiling!

    Shahara,xx
    ara-oundtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophisticated, yes! That's exactly what I'm going for. Thank you! x

      Delete
  4. Hi shona,just started following you!I love all these dresses, their so elegant and Im in love with baroque these days too! Just bought a pair of baroque print tights <3

    xx

    http://theneonpk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baroque tights sound fabbb! Thank you for following, and your comment! :) x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful dresses!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x