Friday, December 14, 2012

'tis the season: the christmas tag;


It's been over a week since I last posted, I'm sorry!  I am up to my eyeballs in assignments and study, which leaves very little time for blogging, but I couldn't leave December pass without making a Christmas post!  Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year, for so many reasons.  I love Christmas trees (yes, we have two), Christmas lights, Christmas food, Christmas markets, Christmas weather... and of course, Christmas presents.  So today's post will be a quick 'un, but a good 'un!  Taken from lovely miss Niina @ It Seems Pretty Obvious.


(1) What's your favourite holiday movie?
They're not 'Christmas' movies, but every year I watch Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Bedknobs and Broomsticks on repeat during the holidays.  When I was little, they were played a lot on tv around Christmas time, so they always remind me of that ~magical Christmas feeling~.

(2) What's your favourite Christmas colour?
I know it's not exactly traditional, but purple is my favourite Christmas colour.  One of our trees is decorated in gold and purple, and our Christmas dinner table is decked out in purple too.  Still festive, but it's less gaudy than dousing the house in red and green.


(3) Do you like to stay in your PJ's or dress up for Christmas?
A bit of both!  I always wear new pyjamas Christmas eve to wake up in on Christmas morning.  Then it's into my Christmas finest for visiting family and eating my dinner, and back into pyjamas for lounging around eating crisps and watching tv.

(4) If you could buy one person a present this year who would it be?
I couldn't buy a present for just one person!  I love buying presents for other people, especially when I find something they'd really love.  How could I possibly narrow it down to just one?!

(5) Do you open your gifts on Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
Roughly 5am on Christmas morning.  It's become a sort-of tradition with my sister Chloe and myself.  Up at 5am, wake the rest of the family, open presents, eat fruit pastilles, go back to bed.

(6) Have you ever built a gingerbread house?
No :( I don't think I even know anyone who has.  Does anyone build gingerbread houses in Ireland?  I'm not even sure I like gingerbread!

(7) What do you like to do on your Christmas break?
I just like to relaaaaaxxx.  The weeks leading up to Christmas are always really stressful, with exams and that, and work is always hectic, so I relish the chance to do nothing.  I like to sit and eat and watch tv and not have to worry about a thing.  Well, for a few days at least!

(8) Any Christmas wishes?
To have a few extra days off work!

(9) Favorite Christmas smell?
The smell of a real Christmas tree mmm.  My grandparents always have a real tree (we never do. boo) and it smells delish.

(10) Favorite Christmas meal or treat?
It's not a strictly 'Christmas' food, but every Christmas morning without fail, the whole family meets at my grandparents house to exchange gifts, drink tea, and eat cocktail sausages.  It's my favourite part of Christmas, so in a roundabout way, cocktail sausages and tea is my favourite meal.

(extra question) What's your favorite holiday song?
A little bit typical, but Do They Know It's Christmas? // Band Aid 1984 (note: not Band Aid 20 no no no) is my favourite Christmas song.  Too good.


I tag all of you to answer these questions!  Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas!





6 comments:

  1. New to your blog but its just brilliant! Love it!
    I'm now your latest follower, so hope you can return!
    Glad to see someone else is excited for Christmas!
    Love
    Grace X
    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've built a gingerbread house!! Haha. We used to get kits from Ikea and do it every year. It's so difficult though. Think I'll do this tag. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to build one someday! Alas, the nearest Ikea is hours away :( please do, I love reading everyone's Christmas posts ! X

      Delete
  3. Hiya!
    Just recently heard about tags..Blog newbie and tag virgin :) It sounds so fun. Nice to blog about this stuff, helps to get to know someone..Really like this idea...I love all your Christmas stuff too, your tree is huge..oh I love Christmas :)

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've only been tagged in two things myself, there's a first time for everything !

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x